This one is a new kid on the block and an immediate favourite.
What you need
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon good salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons ground coffee
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do now
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- When melted add the almonds, salt and stir
- Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Remove from the heat and strain. You can use the nut butter for something else.
- Leave the almonds to cool.
- Put the milk, ground coffee and sugar in a bowl and electric whisk it up for a couple of minutes
- Add the cream and vanilla
- Pour into the chilled ice-cream making bowl
- Put into the machine and turn on for 25 minutes
- Add the cooled almonds and mix for another 5 minutes
- Transfer into a glass-good-for-the-freezer-tub and store in the freezer.
- Eat a little at a time. It’s delicious.