So easy and quick and delicious. Once you get in the swing of making them you’ll never have to have a frozen pizza in your freezer again. My pizzas inspired a friend of mine to get a pizza oven built in his garden. I’m not bragging I’m just so proud of that. In fact he said my pizzas were the best he’d had outside Italy. Glowing I tell you, glowing.
- 900g white flour (or 600g white flour and some other flours if you want)
- 100g cornmeal or semolina flour (or just flour of you don’t have those)
- 1 level tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 650ml / just over a pint luke warm water
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add the water and mix into a ball
- Put the ball into a big oiled mixing bowl
- Flour the top and cover with a plastic bag for about half an hour or so – it really doesn’t matter
- When you are ready to use it, divide into however many pizzas you want
- Roll them out 10 mins before you want to use them (you can make them thick and ‘deep pan’ or roll then thin for a more Italian experience
- Add toppings – seriously whatever you like….tomato based, barbecue based, mozzarella, cooked meats, olives, potato and rosemary, add fresh herbs once cooked.